Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rising to the occasion

Well hellooooooo. It's been a busy couple of weeks since I last thrilled you with my writings and thoughts and blabbings on. Let me fill you in. Hold on to your hats, it's going to be an exciting read. Woooo, you may just explode from the excitement. Are you ready? Okay.

Well ... first off there have been a couple of birthdays. Yay. My very cool sister had her 40th, which is a very impressive achievement I reckon, and scarily enough it isn't actually all that long until my 40th ... only a few years ... oh my god, I am almost 40, that means I am almost old! I shall have to remember to grow up one day.
At the other end of the age scale my amazing niece Makhala turned 7 yesterday. We had a party here on Sunday for it, which was a very quiet, calm affair with 15 six and seven year olds running around. It was awesome though, and even the 6 million blows to the head with helium balloons couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Great fun. We gave Mak a keyboard for her birthday, so can't wait to use, I mean hear her playing that.

I also went to the Eltham Craft Market last weekend for a workout. What's that? A workout at a market? Surely I jest. But I jest not, there were gale-force winds and rain and there was little old me clinging on to my tent in the hope that not only would it not break or fly off, but if it did that it didn't take me with it ... and if it did take me with it, hopefully it would come down somewhere near my house.

Than earlier this week I went out to Mulgrave to visit Albany Rise Primary School, which was great fun. The kids gave me a wonderful reception when I went into the classrooms, which always helps in me getting straight into fun mode with a little bit of the crazy. So I had a ball out there, and once again some amazing drawings were done by the kids. Even one dog I think it was with his eyes popping out of his head. Awesome.

So that is it from me for now. My bathroom is just being painted ... for the third time since we have lived here ... I think someone in the house needs to stop farting in the shower and making the paint peel off the walls.

Have a great week everyone, and keep living the dream.

Stay Gold.

Wally

No comments: