Thursday, October 9, 2008

Going along to Yarrawonga

Well hello everyone! Sorry I didn't make an entry last week, but things got a little full on down here. My Step-Dad Bryan died last week, and he was one of the nicest, most generous, most positive people I have ever known. He will be greatly missed.

Last week I also spent some time up on the Murray at Yarrawonga. it is the Murray up there isn't it? i don't know, I was always hopeless at geography! Anyway, i was up there as part of a Holiday Enrichment program, put on by Jim Gillies. I have to tell you, if anyone from up that way reads this, get on it next year and get to this thing. It is so awesome! Seriously people. I went up there and held 5 workshops on the Tuesday, but over the Tuesday and Wednesday the kids there (from Grade 5 to around Year 8 or 9) had the choice of activities such as, if my memory serves me correctly, and it usually does, except when I have to remember someone's name ... anyway, cool activities. Here they are. Rock climbing, Illustrating, cartooning, Aboriginal art, drumming, a cosmodome (I know, sounds impressive huh?), claymation, hip hop, a light plane flight and of course thrilling awesome writing and drawing workshops with yours truly. I think there may have been more things as well, but that's all I can remember. Oh, there was also Damien Brown, a weightlifter with Commonwealth Games gold medals who was the keynote speaker on the Tuesday.

I wanted to do the rock climbing. It looked unreal fun. They told me one of the girls climbed the wall thirty times! Thirty! I think I would have had dead shoulders after once!

It was fantastic though, and great fun to be put up at Club Mulwala, which was sponsoring the event.

So that was that for me. A good but sad week. The funeral was real nice though. We all wore bright colours, a real love of Bryan's. Rest in Peace Bryan, it was a pleasure and an honour to know you.

No comments: