Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ruthven and Converses

That's right! As you may have gathered from the subtlety of my title for this blog, I went out to Ruthven P.S. this week, and I have also got a new pair of Converses!!! That is very exciting for me, I've wanted a pair for ages. And now I have a personalised pair. White hi-tops with some fancy dogs, dragons, cats and more all over them. Not to everyone's taste, not looking at anyone in particular,but they sure are to my taste! I love them.

They also went down well at Ruthven Primary School, which is out Reservoir way, no matter how you pronounce Reservoir. I spent the first of three days I will be out there doing drawing workshops. By choice. When put to a vote, every class I saw chose drawing over writing. Hmmmm. No surprises there really I have to say. So we did some drawings of dogs, cats, dragons and more. We did accents, we did cat noises, we did the works. It was great fun, and by the end of the day I was totally ready for an afternoon nap! I don't think I am going to get one in today, but I may need one after I eat my chicken schnitzel with bolognese sauce!

That's right people, and I am starting a new paragraph here for no reason other than I want to, I am having lunch at the Palace Hotel, where they serve 5, count 'em, 5 different types of parma. Oh my God, I am drooling right now writing this. Can water wreck a keyboard? Anyway. I don't have dairy, a well-known fact, so I have my parma sans cheese, but schnitzel with bolognese sauce man, how good is that? When I go to a pub for dinner or lunch, I generally have to make the choice between bolognese or a schnitzel ... no such dramas at the Palace, my friend, just stick that bolognese sauce on top and let me at it!

I won't even need to review the meal next week, because I tell you right here and now it is going to be pretty damn good.

I have to go. I need to prepare my taste buds.

Have a great week everyone, and keep living the dream.

Stay gold.

Wally.

No comments: