Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Slackness, school visits and launches

Well helllloooooooo! I know, I was slack and didn't write anything last week. Well, actually, I tried, but couldn't log in. Anyway, that was slack. I was as slack as a piece of string that is being held slackly so that it is slack and is hanging loose, and then you pull it tight but someone comes along with scissors and cuts it so now you have two slack pieces of string so are doubly slack and that is what I was. But not what I am, because here I am, writing people, writing for you!
So I guess I had better say something worthwhile.
I have been to a couple of schools! Goonawarra last week, and saw the Prep-grade 2 kids, who were all awesome, and one even gave me a dog tag to wear! That was so cool, and such a nice gesture, I was really pleased and thought it was so nice that he did that. But we had great fun, the kids even threatened not to let me go home!
Then I was back out to Ruthven this week, where we did writing workshops, told stories, and made cat noises ... rrrowwwww. Sorry. I think you had to be there for that one, but it was pretty funny.
And my new book is here. I have stock of the Share-a-not, so buy buy buy! Just kidding, although it is available from my website, www.adam-wallace-books.com and I will sign every copy you buy. Worth a fortune people, they will be worth a fortune in years to come! I am having a launch for the book in a few weeks, so that will also be great fun, to have a bit of a get together with my favourite people and show them the fruits of my labour ... mmm, fruit. I could have an apple about now. In fact, I think i am going to go and get something to eat.
Have a great week, and keep living the dream.
Stay gold.
Wally

No comments: